Saturday, August 7, 2010

One Year Ago Today...

One year ago today, we found out that we were going to have a baby. It's amazing to me how much has happened in the last year, and how fast it went! I remember that day fairly well. I had suspicions that I may be pregnant, so I got up that morning before Craig left for work and took a test. I tried to keep telling myself to not get my hopes up. It was only our first month trying, and it's pretty rare for it to work out that quickly. It said not pregnant, so we went about our normal routine of going to work. I was disappointed and sad, but kept reminding myself that it was only the first time. I still had a feeling that something was up though that I couldn't shake!

So, I went home for lunch and took another test...this time it was positive! I was in shock! I pulled out the test from earlier that morning and saw that the control line wasn't there, so that test did work which explains the negative result! Here I am home alone with Izzy with the most exciting news of our lives and I can't tell anyone! I wanted to tell Craig in person, so I stifled my excitement as much as I could and went back to work. I avoided everyone at work as much as possible that day and didn't answer my cell phone because I was about ready to burst. I counted down the seconds to 5 o'clock so that I could get home and tell Craig. Of course in typically fashion, Craig said that he could tell and was not surprised at all! Whatever...he always ruins my surprises!

It was a Friday afternoon, so I couldn't call my OBs office until that next Monday, so we spent that weekend in a state of shock! We had planned it, wanted it, and suddenly it happened! We were so lucky! We couldn't believe it. We celebrated with a dinner out at Las Margaritas...may have been the start of my cravings!

We shared our news with our closest friends and family the week before Labor Day. I was about 7 weeks along and we had wanted to wait, but we had a trip planned with Ryan & Jill to Las Vegas over Labor Day and knew we couldn't go with them without telling them. We made a trip home the weekend before the trip to Vegas to tell our parents & my siblings. We had a lot of fun with it, and I think we caught most of them off guard! Izzy actually did the telling for us. We had a little shirt made for her that said she was going to be a big sister! It was fun! We told the rest of the world after our first doctor's appointment in early September. I was about 10 weeks along!

Oh what a difference a year makes, now we have a beautiful baby girl that we couldn't love any more! She is perfect and we are blessed! I can't wait to see what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed