Monday, October 24, 2011

Harvest is Here!

I got an excited phone call from Craig last Thursday afternoon..."They are starting to pick corn!  Let's so home this weekend!"  He was like a kid on Christmas morning...you can take the boy off the farm, but you'll never get the farm out of the boy!  Anyway, like any good wife would do, I said "Sure, honey, we can do that!"  Then, I went home from work, did all the laundry, packed our bags, and we took off after work on Friday.  The girls (Izzy counts) and I traveled separately, as Craig went straight up from Omaha after work. 

I'm a total failure, so this is the only picture I managed to take all weekend!  Oops!  I've got to do better!  Anyway, we spent the weekend visiting with all of Delaney's grandparents!  She was spoiled rotten all weekend, of course!  We even got in a little quality time with her cousin Chase!  I managed to slip away for a shopping excursion to Omaha with my mom and sister on Saturday.  It was so nice to get away!  Delaney got to spend some quality time at the farm with her Grandma Jaccie while I was gone!  I didn't realize how much I needed to get out of town, but I did.  It was so nice to leave all of it behind and hit the road.  I got a little R&R and enjoyed some yummy food that I didn't have to cook!  It was a great change of pace! 

Delaney learned at least one new word on the trip "tractor".  She initially thought the combine was a train a.k.a "Choo-Choo", but that was after dark when she first saw the combine from a distance.  She loved to sit and watch them go back & forth.  I'm sure next year, she'll need a ride in the big rig...but thankfully she was content to watch from afar this year!  I'm afraid that girl has a lot of "farm girl" in her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed