Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Delaney's First Battle Wound

Yesterday when I picked Delaney up from Holly's with a report I hadn't ever gotten from Holly..."Delaney got hurt today."  Sure she's had some minor scrapes and bruises, but this is definitely the first real "accident".  In typically Delaney style, she was running around being silly and fell (possibly tripped over a toy) and crashed into the corner of one of Holly's walls.  Her face took the brunt of the fall as you can see.  The picture isn't the greatest, as it was with my phone and she was so wound up when I tried to take it.  Holly said that Delaney barely cried, which is exactly what we would expect out of hour indestructible little brute.  Today her eye was a little puffy and the redness is changing over to a nice purple bruise when she woke up.  Her eyelid is a little black.  I'd say considering how rough and tough Delaney is, we're pretty lucky this is her first "injury"...and a totally minor one at that!  I think we may have to do some touch up work on Holly's wall since D's head is pretty hard! 

In other Delaney news, she has been spending a lot of time in "time out" at home.  Her ornery streak is shining brightly these days.  She has also figured out that she must say she's sorry (in the form of a hug) after time out, so how she will try to stand up immediately and give me hug to avoid a timeout.  She's too smart for her own good!  I have a hard time not laughing at her sometimes when she's being naughty!  Holly and I have decided that Delaney is starting the "Terrible 2s" a little early as her ornery behavior is becoming more of the norm.  Lord give me patience as I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better! 

She is also having some more "flukes" with the big girl potty.  She has had success probably over a handful of times now.  I'm still not convinced she really gets it, but she does seem to talk about "potty" & "poop" more now, and has even asked to go potty and gone on at least one occasion!  We are still not pushing the issue as she is so young, but she gets the opportunity to go every night before bath and any other time she asks which isn't all that often right now.  Could we be so lucky that she will potty train herself before the age of 2?  We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed