Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankful

I've been feeling a bit down and stressed lately. Between the hormones, the economy, and the normal stresses of life, I'm afraid it's gotten to me. So, instead of throwing a pity-party for myself and playing the "Woe is Me" card, I decided to remind myself of all the things I have to be thankful for as a form of self-help!

  • Obviously, my beautiful, healthy little girl tops my list. She truly is the light of my life. I just love her to pieces. Her little smiles and sweet giggles are like food for my soul. I can't imagine life without her. Watching her discover and learn gives me peace, and I'm so thankful to be her mother! It is the greatest gift!
  • If you know me at all, you know my husband puts up with a lot being married to me. Most of the time he handles it like a champ, and I'm beyond grateful for that. He keeps me grounded and pushes my buttons, which is exactly what I need. I couldn't have chosen a better partner for this journey we call life!
  • We are both blessed with incredible families, which I cannot thank enough for all the wonderful things they do for us. All of us are so lucky to have you all to love and support us, and you all do a wonderful job of sufficiently spoiling Delaney--which I am also grateful for! I love watching all of you dote on Delaney, it just melts my heart!
  • I'm thankful for my puppy Izzy. No matter how neglected you've become by our focus on Delaney, you still love us! It still makes my day to come home to your excited greeting at the back door! You may not know it, and we may not show it, but we still love you like a child! You have been the best puppy with your new sister, we couldn't ask for more!
  • We are so blessed to have wonderful friends. We may not see you all as much as we would like, but we know that you are there for us whenever we need you. Like gets in the way sometimes, but we couldn't have chosen a better group of friends if we tried!
  • I'm thankful for our home. The mortgage payment may totally suck sometimes, but I love having a place that is our home. We've been there for two and a half years, and we already have so many wonderful memories. I know whenever it comes down to it, I will be very sad to leave!
  • I'm beyond grateful that Craig and I both have good, solid jobs. It's tough for everybody right now, and I find myself frustrated at times; but, we are both in the best positions we could be given the environment out there right now. We are so lucky to both be doing something we enjoy that allows us to do most of the things we want to do.
  • I am so thankful for Holly, our daycare provider. The peace of mind she gives me every day by taking care of Delaney is absolutely priceless. I know that Delaney is loved and cared for at Holly's, and that is all I could ask for! She is an answer to my prayers! I dreaded beyond belief returning to work after maternity leave, and she has made the transition so smooth. I couldn't have done it without her to take care of D!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed