Friday, November 19, 2010

8 Months

Another big milestone for Delaney today, she is 8 months old!?! Time sure flies these days. She seems to grow and change every day. Her little personality is shining through. She is a happy kid, full of spunk with a side of ornery. I suppose she comes by all of that naturally. She loves to laugh and play. She wears herself out, and remains a rockstar sleeper. She has decided that her bedtime should be 8 or 8:30 every night. She "tells" us when she's ready, has her bedtime bottle, and then is down for the night until about 6:30 a.m. We're so blessed!
According to our "home" measurements, she weighs 20.6lbs and is 27in. tall. Such a big girl! Looks like she's stretching out a bit as she didn't gain a lot of weight, but grew a whole inch since last month. She is wearing size 9 month clothes and size 3 diapers. So big! Her hair is coming in very fast these days. It's looking to be a sandy brown color, but still has shades of red when the sun hits it. I'm so excited to see what it becomes!
This girl eats! and eats! and eats! So much like her daddy...she eats cereal twice a day along with a fruit and vegetable. She's a good eater! She is also loving her puffs! She likes the Strawberry Apple and Banana flavored varieties. We attempted a Gerber "Yogurt Melt" tonight, which ended in disaster. She choked, not just "cough, cough". She full-on choked, turned beat red, and couldn't breathe. I couldn't get it out, so Craig grabbed her and pulled her out of her high chair. In this process, she scraped her legs on the tray. They look pretty bad, poor baby! When it was all said done I cried far longer than she did! My baby has her first bruise...
Delaney's newest amusement is hearing herself talk! She loves to talk and scream! She can hit some seriously high octaves! She also loves to laugh, especially at her puppy Izzy! She loves to grab Izzy's ears or fur. She gets a "death-grip" on it, and Izzy just stands there and looks at her. Izzy is such a good dog with Delaney! We couldn't have gotten a better puppy! Delaney just loves her! Izzy loves Delaney too! If Delaney is fussing or crying, and we don't immediately react Izzy will come and get us. It's pretty cute!
Delaney's favorite toy these days is her Baby Einstein jumperoo...she gets in it and just starts bouncing like a fool! She usually gets tired of it after a little while, but she really has fun most of the time! She has also made the leap to rolling both ways. She has rolled from her back to her tummy multiple times now. She loves to do it while she fighting a nap...goofy kid! She pulled that one for the first time at daycare!
The countdown to Delaney's first birthday has officially begun! I know I'm crazy, but I have started planning her party. I figure with the holidays coming up and some major changes at work on the horizon, time is going to fly by in the coming months. I didn't want Delaney's big day to get lost in the shuffle. If you know me, you know I should have been a Party Planner...I live for this stuff! Anyway, it's going to be great, I'm so excited! I'm starting my first little project for the party tomorrow...if it works out as planned I'll post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed