Monday, May 24, 2010

Biggest Loser-Okoboji Style

A summer's evening conversation on the front porch has led to a little friendly competition in our household. As of today, we are starting a Biggest Loser competition with our Okoboji vacation as the end goal/weigh-in. Craig and I are competing with Chip & Lauren. We have made a wager of $100 to the biggest loser (percent weight loss). We also have a guys vs. girls side bet going.

We were sitting there talking about how we want to lose this much and do this and that. We decided it would be fun and help motivate us to start a Biggest Loser competition. We'll hold each other accountable, and the side bet gives a teammate to cheer on. Motivation is always the hardest part for me, so I think this will help! My post-baby weight loss has plateaued over the last few weeks, so I'm hoping to jump start it again.

My strategy is to pay attention to what I eat and how much I eat. I'm also going to dust off my 30 Day Shred DVD and try to complete at least one 30 day rotation during this competition. We have about 8 weeks between now and Okoboji, so we have enough time to make a difference. I'm also going to try to work in more walks and some Pilate's on the days I don't do 30 Day Shred.

I think Delaney & Izzy will also benefit from this as they will get to go on more walks/runs. They will also get healthier parents! We are weighing-in today, and every Monday until we go to Okoboji! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed