Tuesday, May 25, 2010

2 Month Appointment

We survived the dreaded 2 month doctor's appointment yesterday. Delaney weighs right at 10 pounds and is now 21.25 inches long. She's definitely growing! She's right where the doctor's expect her to be. In fact she's gaining weight faster than they thought she would based on where we started. She's in the 10th percentile on height and the mid 20s on weight. She's not too far out of proportion right now!

Unfortunately, Delaney had to get 3 shots yesterday. She cried, I cried...it was awful! She stopped crying pretty quickly, so that helped! She slept for a while, and then woke up in a lot of pain a few hours later. That was worse for us than the actual shots. She would scream so hard that she'd lose her breath and turn bright red, so there was no doubt she was hurting. It was one of the "worst" few hours we've had since she was born. She settled down after a while and a dose of acetaminophen. She also slept really well again last night stretching about 6 hours. We are all appreciating the longer stretches.

Today, we are one week away from me going back to work and Delaney going to daycare. I am definitely more "ready" than I was four weeks ago. The extra time off has been wonderful, and I'm beyond grateful for it. We actually decided to switch to a different daycare just this week. As I have spent more time with Delaney and seen her personality develop, I decided I think she will do better in a smaller daycare environment with fewer other kids. Our original daycare has about 8-12 kids. I think she needs as much one on one attention that she can get. I was really afraid she'd be pretty unhappy at the other daycare, and we'd have no way to know it. We were very fortunate to find a daycare that we love that had an infant opening for June 1st. Delaney will be the youngest by 2 1/2 years and one of only about 4 other kids for a majority of the time she's there. I think it will be a much better fit! My dad says everything happens for a reason, and this situation is a great example of that. I'm at peace with our decision and not nearly as nervous or upset about going back to work that I was a few weeks ago. Next week will be hard enough without stressing and worrying about daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed