Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another sad day...

Just when we thought the news of last week couldn't get worse, we were shocked by the news we heard today. I will not go into the dark details on here, but if you know this family please keep them in your prayers and thoughts. I've had a knot in my stomach all day as my heartaches for them. You can find full details on any of the Omaha news outlets. This kind of stuff isn't supposed to happen. I can't imagine what this family is going through.

Now, to happier things as I think we could all use it today. Little Delaney is growing like a weed and changing so much. She's closing in on 9 pounds and really starting to fill out. She is also awake a lot more throughout the day, so that has been a lot of fun. She's developing quite a little personality, which shows a lot of Craig. She doesn't have much patience when she's hungry (neither does he) and she doesn't sit still for too long when she's awake (another quality of Craig's). I have had to alter my diet over the last week to see if that makes her feel any better. I have had to cut out milk and soy products. It's harder said than done, there's milk and soy in so many different things. So far, I think she might be feeling a little better, but we won't know the full effects for another week or so. She was being pretty fussy a couple weeks ago, so the doctor recommended this to see if it helps!

Yesterday marks 9 years since Craig and I started dating. It's so crazy to think back to that time. We were totally different people back then. We were only 17 and preparing to enter our senior year of high school. It's crazy how far we've come since our first date at Burger King! We shared many milestones. We graduated high school, went to UNL and got our degrees. We both started our first "real" jobs. We both bought our first cars. We watched close friends get married and said good-bye to those that moved away. We FINALLY got married! We bought our first home and moved into it. We've traveled to so many places, Okoboji, Colorado & Kansas City many times, Washington DC, Vegas, Mexico. We got our puppy, Izzy! We had our first baby, Delaney! Oh, what a wild ride these past 9 years have been. I can only imagine what the next 9 hold for us! I can't imagine anyone I'd rather share all of this with! Thanks for all the good times! Love you Craig!

Now, here's a few of the latest pictures of little miss Delaney! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed