Friday, August 5, 2011

Just keep running...

In case you all have been wondering, I am still running.  After a brief hiatus last week, I was back on the trails this week with my trusty "Sweat Sister" by my side.  We officially signed up for our replacement 5k, since we had to postpone last week.  We will now be running the Thunder Run next Saturday at the Lincoln Airport.  It's scheduled for 8a.m. Saturday morning, so we are hoping this means a calm, cooler environment for a run.  We shall see! 

We have now finished our 5k training, and have moved on to 10k.  We still need to find a 10k to run sometime in October, but I'm sure something will come up.  I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a "Runner" yet, but maybe after I actually finish the 5k I will change my mind.  I am definitely proud of myself for sticking with it.  I actually look forward to my runs now, which totally baffles me.  If you would have told me 6 months ago I'd say that, I'd have told you to stop smoking the wacky weed!  Last week when I went without running for a whole week, I definitely felt a difference.  I was more stressed and crabby for sure!  Running gets me out of the house doing something just for myself for a little while, which I think is something that is absolutely necessary for my mental & physical health.  I haven't lost a ton of weight yet or anything, but I am in much better shape and I feel better than I did 8 weeks ago!  Kaitlyn keeps telling me we are going to run the Half Marathon...I still think she's a little nuts, but we'll see!  The Lincoln Marathon is in May, so that gives me a lot of time to talk myself into it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed