Thursday, August 18, 2011

Early Terrible Twos?!?

My sweet little baby Delaney has morphed into a busy, load, crazy toddler!  Don't get me wrong, I still love her to pieces, but she has definitely been testing my patience lately!  I'm seriously fearing for my sanity when the actual "terrible twos" hit.  I may have mentioned that she is a full-blown book addict, but thankfully has retreated to only during the daytime hours as we haven't had any 3 a.m. meltdowns because "it's not storytime".  She also has recently discovered her ability to scream, stomp her feet, and thrown a spectacular tantrum for the most mundane reasons...no snacks right before dinner, not getting to play with Daddy's NFL birthday card whenever she wants, her milk cup being suddenly empty.   We have had more time-outs in the last week, than in the last 17 months combined.  I'm afraid we are entering a new phase!

However, she is still a little sweetheart even with her "mean" streak.  She loves her Mama, Dada, and Izzy like nobody's business.  She loves to run around crazy outside, but will also sit quietly in her room and flip through a book.  She learns new words every day, and will still occasionally cuddle for a few precious moments when the mood strikes!  She stands up for herself, and takes no crap from anyone.  I love this now, but I'm afraid it may cause trouble later in her life!  She has found her voice and her volume, now we just need to work on controlling it!  She is stubborn and bull-headed, but also silly and funny!  She can make me laugh and cry in the same moment, and I can't help but feel a little sad that our little baby is growing up so fast! 

There have been days lately when I have felt like a "bad mom" because I didn't have the time or patience to give to her.  I have lost my cool, and gotten upset, while forgetting that she is only one and doesn't understand everything yet!  I need to work on this.  We will figure it out together, I'm sure!  I wouldn't trade a moment with her for anything!  She is my little peanut, and I love her to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed