Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Getting Ready for a Trip Home

Not too much to report right now. We did have our bi-weekly doctor's appointment this afternoon. Everything is still looking really good and right on schedule. The heartbeat today was right around 150 bpm. We also discovered that our little one is hanging out in there sideways. The head is on my left side and the feet on my right. This explains why my right side has been taking a beating over the last week or so. Ouch! Let's hope the baby decides to flip around over the next few weeks!

We are getting ready for a pretty big weekend. We haven't had one so busy in quite some time! We are heading back to Tekamah for the first time since Jess & Nick's wedding. I can't believe we haven't been there in almost 2 months. I don't think I've even been away for that long. We are definitely due for a trip home! Friday night, we are planned to enjoy dinner out with the Reinhart's. We haven't seen little Reed in a few weeks, so we need our fix! I also told Amanda we need to experience a dinner out with a newborn!

On Saturday, I'm doing a Pampered Chef show at Jess's house. This should be a good time! I haven't done an actual show since November, so I'm overdue! We have some yummy brunch recipes planned and lots of good conversation! It should be a fun time!

Then, on Sunday Auntie Jess is throwing us a baby shower for all of my family and all of Craig's. I'm so excited for this! I know Jess is going above and beyond for this one! I can't wait! I really hope a lot of the family members are able to come. I haven't seen a lot of them in quite some time...especially on Craig's side! Baby Mencke is already so spoiled, I can't imagine what it will be like after Sunday!

Between all these planned events, we will hanging out with our families and spending some quality time. Izzy will get some running in on the farm, which she loves so much! This will be good for her as this long, crazy winter has made her a little stir-crazy! This will most likely be our last trip home without a baby, which is kinda crazy to think about! It should be a great weekend, but I'm sure I'll be worn out by the time we're home on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed