Wednesday, January 13, 2010

27 Weeks

Ok, technically we will be 27 weeks along tomorrow, but why wait? We had our monthly appointment yesterday. Everything is good with me and baby! I passed my glucose test for gestational diabetes, so I am very grateful for that! Baby is measuring right on track, and has a good strong heartbeat. We go another 4 weeks before our next appointment, then we will start going every 2 weeks. Yikes! Sounds like we are running out of time!

We started our baby class on Monday night! It was very informative. I hope I'm able to recall some of these things when the time comes! I also got a great back massage out of Craig during the class, so that was awesome! We got to take a tour of the labor & delivery floor as well as the postpartum rooms. Everything is sooo nice! It looks more like a hotel than a hospital! I know we will feel totally comfortable when we are there. We obviously didn't tour the NICU, but to know it's right there waiting for us if needed is very comforting.

Our brand new king size bed was delivered on Saturday! It is huge and soooo great! I don't know how we waiting so long to upgrade! I've had a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings this week! The new recliner for the nursery came too! I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't spend a few nights in it before the baby gets here. It's getting harder and harder to be comfortable at night. Oh well, it will all be worth it in the end, right?

The biggest news of the past week is the addition to the Reinhart family! Baby Reed David was born yesterday! He's a few weeks early, but he's perfect. Mom, dad, and baby are all doing well. Reed weighed in at 6lbs 7oz. He's tiny! We made a trip up to Omaha to see them all last night after our doctor's appointment! He's adorable, and Amanda looked great! The whole thing made me even more excited (if that was possible) for our little one's impending arrival!

Speaking of impending arrivals, we have quite a few more births coming up here soon before us! My cousin Scott & his wife Sarah are having their second son February 5th. Ryan & Jill will be right behind them in mid-February for their little boy. And, Craig's cousin Amie & Jeff will be right before us in mid-March! Please pray for all these families as they near the end of their journeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed