Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving

Well, here we are a few short hours from kicking off the big Thanksgiving weekend! We are all packed and ready to roll after work tonight. We are heading north up to the farm. Craig's brother and family are scheduled to arrive later this evening. We're pretty excited about this, as we haven't seen them since July (pre-pregnancy). Izzy is also excited because she loves playing with the kiddos.

The weekend will be busy, but lots of fun I'm sure. We will have the traditional Thanksgiving dinner with my family in Tekamah. I'm so looking forward to that meal. I have been seriously craving comfort foods lately, and what's more comforting than Thanksgiving dinner!

I think my mom and I may venture to Omaha for some Black Friday shopping! I'm hoping we can score some sweet deals! I'm also hoping we may stumble upon some baby specials! My goal is to have all my holiday shopping done by my birthday...that's only about 2 weeks away!

Sometime over the weekend we are celebrating the Mencke family Christmas, since Brent & Buffye will not be back for Christmas. This means that half of my holiday shopping is done, wrapped, and packed! I think this is completely crazy as I don't even have a Christmas tree up yet! I'm hoping that we'll be back early enough on Sunday to maybe tackle that!

Oh, and today is my baby brother's 19th birthday! Happy Birthday Uncle Chip! I can't believe that he is 19 already...where has the time gone. I still remember the day he was born. Wow, this makes me feel old! We will be celebrating his birthday on Thanksgiving, which will just add to the fun festivities!

We want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! Obviously, we have so much to be thankful for this year! This time of year is a perfect opportunity to count our blessings, and we are just that...blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed