Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Preparing for the Holiday Season

Well, the craziness of the holiday season is already upon us! We kick off about 10 week straight of various functions this weekend with a couples shower for Jess and Nick. Their wedding is only around 50 days away! Yikes! I'm really looking forward it!

Thanksgiving is only two weeks away with Christmas right around the corner. I have been lucky enough to get a recent jump on my holiday shopping! My goal is to have it all done by my birthday, so we'll see!

We have our first daycare interview tomorrow evening. I'm pretty nervous about it. It's such a big deal, I'm afraid we'll miss something or forget to ask something. I'm hoping we just "know" in our guts and our hearts, so that we can make the best decision. The lady tomorrow sounds very promising, but I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up!

Also on the baby front, we have (I have) picked the fabric out for our crib bedding. My super awesome co-worker/seamstress extraordinaire Kaitlyn has generously volunteered (along with her equally as awesome mother, Peg) to make our crib bedding for us. I'm so excited about it and grateful! So, now that we have selected the fabric, we are hunting for just the right paint color. So far, I'm not really loving our options, so we'll just have to keep looking! Good thing we have a few months!

We had some house guests last weekend! My parents decided to make a road trip down to Lincoln to stay with us on Saturday. It was nice to have them here. They were dog-sitting for Jess, so Cruzan also made the trip down. Izzy liked having her cousin come for a visit. The two of them enjoyed some backyard time while the weather was nice!

Well, that's about it for now! Wish us luck tomorrow as the hunt for daycare begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed