Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ouch!

Yesterday, I started the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD workout. I had seen multiple raves about it online, so I thought for $9 I'd give it a whirl. I need something I can do in a short amount of time and is relatively inexpensive, and this seemed to fit the bill.

Each workout is about 20 minutes long and consists of 3 series of 6 minute ciruits (3 minutes>stength, 2 minutes>cardio, & 1 minute abs). There are 3 different levels/workouts on the DVD. I did the level one yesterday. It was hard!!! I'm sure feeling it today. Every time I move it hurts...in the strangest places! I honestly can't remember being this sore for quite some time. I'm amazed that a 20 minute workout can have this effect on me.

Granted, I am so out of shape and more than likely weigh more than I ever had, so it's no wonder this is hard and hurts. I'm really going to try to do it at least every other day until I get a little less sore, and then try to do it almost every day. I'm trying to keep my goals and expectations realistic, so we'll see.

I also bought a scale this week. I have not had a scale in my house/apartment in over 6 years. I typically try to gauge how I'm doing based on how my clothes fit. My clothes now are getting smaller and smaller all the time, so I thought I might need the numbers on the scale as added motivation. I'm going to keep track of my weight while I'm trying this new process, and we'll see if it makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed