Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The End of an Era

Over the weekend, Craig and I moved some our best friends from Lincoln to Gretna. This was bittersweet for me. On one hand, I am so happy for them...they have a beautiful new house and exciting new opportunities for them in Gretna. On the other hand, it is the first time in my entire life I won't be in the same city as Amanda...I'm sad. I know Gretna isn't that far away, but you know how life is...busy, and things get in the way. I know we won't see them nearly enough. Just last night at our usual Monday night dinner gathering, it just wasn't the same without them there.

I guess that's what getting older is all about. Everyone goes their own ways to follow whatever it is they are following. It's sort of a weird time in life I guess...suddenly, we are at an age for buying houses, talking about kids, and "stable" jobs. When did this happen? Just a couple years ago, we were all in school, eating ramen noodles, and barely getting by. Maybe getting older isn't so bad. Good thing we have had so much fun along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed