Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lost in Thought

Do you ever find yourself lost in thought? Consumed by your own crazy worries? I do occasionally, and when it happens it freaks me out. I come from a long line of worriers, so it doesn't shock me that I worry about things. However, sometimes it just gets to me. Usually there's a catalyst that sets me off...a crazy show on TV, a story on the news, a weird sound late at night that I hadn't heard before, etc.

It usually happens when I'm really tired and trying to sleep. Something crazy will creep into my head and wham...I'm swimming in my own paranoia for hours, and the pattern can go on for days. Some are realistic worries, and some are just plain crazy. I'm not quite sure if this is healthy, but it drives me crazy when it happens. I'm grateful it doesn't happen that often.

I also think my job has a little to do with it sometimes. I work with life insurance day in and day out, so death and mortality are constantly in the forefront. It gets very morbid sometimes, so I try to not think about the end result of what I do. Sometimes, I just can't help myself.

I think I need something to occupy my time. Something good to think about when I need to, so all the bad thoughts/worries in the back of my mind don't get so bad. I must sound totally crazy! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed