Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

Ok, so I'm a few days late!  Oops!  We were pretty lame over the New Year's weekend, but I honestly loved every minute!  We have been going non stop, on the road, away from home for the last six weekends.  We needed some time to stay put and relax.  The long weekend was long overdue and so needed!  We stayed home just the 3 (plus Izzy) of us for a majority of the entire weekend.  We played lots, watched a lot of football, grocery shopped, ate yummy food, read lots of books, and had lots of quality family time!  It was awesome!  These type of days/weekends are few and far between, so I try to really soak them up when they happen!  It was so low-key, I didn't even take any pictures...

So, with the new year of course that means resolution time.  Mine isn't terribly original, but for sake of accountability here it is.  I hope to get healthy in 2012.  Mentally, physically, and financially.  All of these areas could definitely use some TLC, so in 2012 I'm making the effort to do something about it. 

The physical aspect is already in progress.  We finally joined the YMCA over the weekend (Monday to be exact), and Craig and I have already made one successful trip each for a workout.  I haven't done anything active short of housework and chasing a crazy toddler around since September when I landed myself in that glorious walking boot.  Craig hasn't done anything (aside from yardwork and occasional labor intensive days at work) since Delaney was born.  To say that we were both a little overdue for some exercise is an understatement. 

I think the additional of regular work outs in my life will help with my mental health.  I know that my mind was in a really good place last summer when I was running, and I hope to get back there soon.  I was a better mother, wife, sister, daughter and friend.  Between the stress of the holidays and the wonderful economy, it's been a little rough lately.  Not to mention that I think I suffer slightly from the "winter blues", it's a tough time of year.  The weather has been amazing lately so that should be helping, but I still feel that gloomy feeling a lot.  I'm optimistic that will change very soon! 

I don't need to get into the nitty-gritty of our finances, but I'm make a conscience effort more than ever to cut back and lower our expenses this year!  This will also help lower my stress level and improve my mental health!  Wish me luck and wisdom!

Here's to a brighter & healthier 2012!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed