Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Whirlwind Recap

Hello, there, internet fans!  Obviously, we have been M.I.A. on this little blog here for quite some time (ALMOST A YEAR)!  Failure!  To say we've been through a lot since my last post is a fairly big understatement.  In fact, I could write for days.  The main reason for our hiatus was that things were tough around here.  This time last year, I had just lost my grandmother, we were trying (not super successfully) to get pregnant, and Craig HATED his job.  We were stressed to the max and fighting to keep our sanity.  I didn't want to broadcast all of it on the internet, so I simply stopped posting because I was consumed with all the stress all the time. 

Well, here we are a year later, and everything is so much better!  First of all, we found out in early April 2013 that we were expecting our second little bundle of joy.  We were due on my mom's birthday, December 16th.  I was very fortunate to have a very "easy" pregnancy this time.  I did not have any of the high blood pressure issues I had with Delaney, and I felt great most of the time.  I was 9 months pregnant here...
Cooper Bryant Mencke was born on Tuesday, December 10, 2014 via a planned c-section.  He was born at 7:49a.m.  He weighed 7lbs 4oz and was 19.5" long.  He had (and still has) a full head of dark hair.  He is a really happy baby and is eating and (finally) sleeping well.  He started stretching out the nights about 10 days before I went back to work.  He is full of smiles and is starting to giggle.  He's a clone of his daddy & his sister, and so far seems to have quite the personality.  Delaney has come to grips that he's a boy and not a sister baby, and actually dotes on him pretty well.  (We are still working on calm & gentle though.)
On June 26th, we incorporated our business...CM Project Solutions, Inc.  On July 31st, Craig left his previous employer to work for himself!  This was a big change for all of us, but it the best thing for him.  He has finally gotten back to his oldself.  The business is doing well, and we are much happier!  He is working back in Lincoln now, and beats me and the kids home from work almost every night.  Craig also enjoyed a great Chiefs football season, and is counting down to next year!  
Delaney has been busy too!  Aside from becoming a big sister, she has been in her first wedding, started dance class, and become very proficient with the iPad (among so many other things).  She is about two weeks from her 4th birthday, and still towers over other kids her age.  She has had a tough transition with Cooper, and we are still struggling with some behavior issues.  I'm hoping time will work those out!  We NEED Spring to come ASAP, so we can get outside...I think that will help tremendously!  She is smart, funny, stubborn, and very independent...much like her Dad! 
I returned to work two weeks ago.  So far, the transition has been easier than with Delaney.  I am so grateful we have Holly!  Cooper is doing well over there, and I think he's just as spoiled as Delaney was.  I miss him terribly, but I don't worry about him over there!  Work is good, I have some good opportunities there this year, so I'm hoping to make the most of them.  Now, if I could just figure out how to get out of the house with two kiddos every morning on time, I'd be set! 
So, that's us in a small nutshell!  I hope to be more frequent with my posting again as this year is shaping up to be pretty fun...adjusting to life as a family of four, new baby cousin, Uncle Chip's wedding, vacations, etc...  Thanks for sticking with us if you're still here!  (Drop me a note and say "Hi"!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed