Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cooper-3 months

Cooper turned three months old on Monday, and it just doesn't seem possible that we're at that milestone yet!  Honestly, we are very blessed with such a sweet baby.  He was completely backwards on days & nights for the first 8 weeks of his life, but he finally straightened out just in time for me to return to work.  I'm so grateful for that!  4 hours of total sleep a night is NOT anywhere close to enough for me.  I'm still barely surviving on about 6! 
He is growing & eating well.  At his 2 month check up last month, he weighed in at 11 lbs 6 oz, so I'm guessing we are in the 12.5 lbs range.  We'll have to hop on the scale one of these days to see.  So far he's in about the 25th percentile for height & weight, but the boy has a big noggin.  I think that was in about the 90th percentile at 2 months.  Let's hope he grows into his head.  He does have great neck strength for a 3 month old.  He's not much of a bobblehead, which is impressive!  We are filling out our 3 month clothes right now, but I think he'll swim in the 6 month stuff.  He's still comfortably in the size 1 diapers. 
We have been exclusively breastfeeding so far.  We exclusively pumped and bottle fed Delaney, so this has been a whole new ballgame.  The first two months were HELL...extremely painful & frustrating, but now I love it.  I already know I'll miss our nursing time when it's over.  He has transitioned well to a bottle at Holly's, which I'm so grateful for!  He tends to take mealtime very seriously...just like Daddy! 
He already has quite the little personality!  He loves the ladies and is a major flirt!  He's a smiling guy that likes to talk.  Thankfully, his fussy times are few & far between, and can usually be explained by gas or tiredness.  He gets very proud of himself when he fills his diaper & he enjoys having his nose cleaned out.  He thinks both of these things are very funny...typical boy!  He likes his baths as long as he doesn't swallow any water, then he gets MAD!  He's a little snuggler, much more than I remember his sister to be.  He loves to be held & snuggled.  Considering he's very likely our last little one, I'm trying to savor all these little moments.
Cooper loves to play and be talked too!  He likes to be sung too, and doesn't really care if it's a sweet lullaby or one of Delaney's nonsensical tunes.  He has enjoyed the limited time we've been able to spend outside so far.  I think it will be a fun summer outside for him.  He hasn't taken much interest in his puppy, Izzy, yet.  He tolerates Delaney for the most party, but when she's especially loud or crazy he's not a fan.  She can get a smile out of him pretty easily with her silliness!  He is just starting to giggle!  It's so cute, I'm trying so hard to catch it on video, but he's a smartypants and has already figured out what that little black box does!

Cooper has fit into our little family perfectly, and we can't imagine life without him!  He's the little boy we always hoped for!  (I just hope he stays little for a while!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed