Thursday, May 5, 2011

Road to Recovery

Well, I think I can safely say that the Mencke house is on the road to recovery. We have all been back to work/day care since Tuesday, and so far so good. So far, I have miraculously remained healthy despite being a human kleenex for Delaney for over a week now! Both Craig and Delaney have lingering sniffles and coughs, but they are doing much better!

I have continued with my 30 Day Shredding this week! I started Level 2 on Monday, and I have felt it all week! My wrist is starting to get a little sore (remember last summer when I had that weird tendinitis "BlackBerry tumb" thing?), so this morning I had to do a few "alternative" moves from Level 1. I hope I can continue my workouts with this improv substitution. I am starting to feel stronger and a little more fit, so I think it's definitely helping! So continuing the effort of full accountability...after a recommendation from a close friend who is looking fabulous these days, and who will remain nameless, I have started Weight Watchers this week! So far, I think it's a perfect fit for me. I don't have to deprive myself of the things I love, but I have to account for every bite or drink of food I take and stay within my limits! My problem all along has been food, and more specifically portion control and self control, so this is a great step in the right directly for me! So far, I'm loving it, and cautiously optimistic for results!

We have a busy Mother's Day weekend planned with hopes of seeing all our mothers! We are very blessed to have our mothers and grandmothers so close that we can celebrate with them! It should be a fun weekend, and a good test for my new diet! Happy Mother's day to my mom, mother-in-law, grandma, and all the other wonderful moms in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed