Tuesday, March 16, 2010

2 Hours Later

Well, we spent an unexpected afternoon at the doctor's office today. I had a headache when I woke up this morning, so as instructed I ate and took some Tylenol. This didn't help, so I called my doctor's office as this was one of the things to keep an eye out for. A few phone calls later, I was instructed to come to the office for a blood pressure check.

We got there about 2, and got in pretty quickly considering we didn't have an appointment. I was right, my blood pressure was pretty high today 138/100 & 140/102. My pulse was also high, which makes sense. They decided to make sure the baby was doing ok, so we did a NST for 20 minutes. (An NST is just a machine that monitors the baby's heartbeat as well as checks to see if I'm having any contractions.) We passed the test, but did find out that I'm having a few minor contractions every now and then that I hadn't really noticed. Crazy!

After the NST, I had to go to the lab for some blood tests. I also have the great pleasure of doing a 24 hour urine collection over the next 24 (22 1/2) hours. Awesome! I get to collect my pee and then deliver it to the lab tomorrow afternoon. The things we mothers do for our kids!

We have an appointment scheduled for Thursday afternoon to re-check my blood pressure and go over my lab results. We'll (the doctors will) decide at that point how to proceed. She did say today that if I was 37 weeks along, we'd be delivering our baby now. We are only at 35 weeks 5 days, so we're hoping to squeeze another week or so out of this kid. We shall see! All I know is I'm really looking forward to my pedicure with Kaitlyn tonight, and then I'd better get my hospital bag packed! Yikes! I have a feeling my days are numbered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed